The history of the Morgantini family in the construction sector began a long time ago, when Colombo Morgantini, born in 1893, left the world of upholstery in which his father worked, to dedicate himself to the construction sector, first as a bricklayer then as a foreman. He later created a small family-run business with his children, after some work experience in Rome, where among other tasks he completed some important projects.
In the 1920s, he returned to Sarteano; those years were very difficult as far as work was concerned so, to feed his family, Colombo began to work for farmers and landowners, using bartering as a method of payment. After a break in activity due to the war years that forced most of the village’s inhabitants to flee, Colombo and his son Fabio, took over the reins of the company, contributing to the reconstruction of the town of Sarteano, at the time in ruins due to the bombing. In 1952, Fabio Morgantini’s construction company by the name of ICERM was definitively founded, while the other brothers continued to collaborate as employees.
Fabio’s tenacity helped overcome the many obstacles and create a solid business that was part of the thriving property market of those years, expanding into the surrounding area. The ’60s represented an opportunity for work and stability until in the ’70s, Fabio’s son, Mauro Morgantini, joined the company, providing a crucial turning point both in terms of work organisation and innovation, transforming the company from an artisan entity to an entrepreneurial one.
Since then, the ICERM construction company has been geared towards two main sectors: the construction and direct sale of houses and the construction of residential and industrial building work for third parties.
In the ’90s, after the death of his father, Mauro Morgantini took over the company definitively, initially with the help of his father’s cousin, Franz. Now, the fourth generation has appeared in the company, with his son Yuri entering in the ’90s and his daughter Roberta entering in 2009.
The company continues its activity mainly in the renovation sector, with important orders for churches, farmhouses and historic buildings. Today, the company is one of the largest in the area with 20 employees and many other companies in collaboration, with a vast fleet of work vehicles to meet any business requirement.